3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour
3 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour is an opportunity for travelers to head into the verdant jungle of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to see the greatest of the great apes majestically roaming their natural habitat. Mountain gorillas are an endangered species and can be found in only three countries. Having an encounter with these giant yet gentle apes whose sheer beauty, astonishing near-human expressions with brown and soulful eyes is a thrilling, life changing moment that many travelers fail to put in words. This 3 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour starts and ends in Entebbe or Kampala, and can be tailor-made to suit any traveler’s style and preference, including starting and ending the tour from Kigali Rwanda. Depending on the availability of the gorilla permits at your time of booking, you might track in either Nkuringo, Ruhija, Rushaga or Buhoma gorilla sectors.
Tour summary of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Batwa cultural experience
- Day 3: Return to Kampala or Entebbe International Airport
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On this day 1 of your 3 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour, our company driver-guide will pick you up from an agreed location and before you depart for the park, he will brief you about your gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi. After, you will proceed to transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the home of the giant mountain gorillas including many silverbacks. The drive can take between 8-9 hours altogether, via both tarmacked and marram roads. The drive is a scenic one and gives travelers a great opportunity to see Uganda’s countryside with many vast plantations on rolling hills.
- Equator Experience: En-route, travelers will have a number of stopovers whenever they need to, including the Equator stopover for a water experiment and pictures, plus a lunch stopover in Mbarara at a selected restaurant. Later after your lunch, continue on your drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via Ishaka-Bushenyi viewing extensive tea plantations. You will then connect to Queen Elizabeth National Park and continue with your drive via the Ishasha sector, the home of tree climbing lions which you can see and a number of animals like buffaloes and elephants. Proceed with the drive with sights of the rolling hills of Kigezi, to Kanungu and then connect to the northern part of Bwindi. Once in the park, head to your accommodation from where you will settle-in and relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay.
- Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
- Accommodation: Dependent on the gorilla sector you’ll be trekking from
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Batwa cultural experience
- Gorilla trekking: Today, you will rise early and have an early morning breakfast at the lodge. After, your driver-guide will transfer you to the sector headquarters from where you will be briefed about the whole activity and given rules and guidelines to follow while on the trek. You will then be placed in groups of 8 and then allocated a gorilla family to track. The trek can take between 30 minutes to 5 hours or more depending on the location of the gorilla family and the terrain. You will embark on this once in a lifetime gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park experience. During the trek, look out for other park animals like bushpigs, elephants among others, pus lots of birds and plant life. The rangers and guides will be ready to answer any of your questions. Once you encounter the mountain gorillas, marvel at their giant build but gentle nature. They will notice the strangers in their midst but will quickly continue with their activities that including feeding, napping, playing, grooming and all that they were doing. Some playful juveniles may come up-close. You can take pictures and videos if you wish to. After the allocated time is elapsed, trek back with a lunch stopover where you get to enjoy your packed lunch in the jungles. Proceed to the starting point from where you will receive your gorilla trekking certificate. Your driver-guide will be ready to transfer you back to the lodge.
- Batwa cultural experience: At the lodge, relax and later head out for a Batwa cultural experience where you will meet the ancient dwellers of the forest but got evicted not long ago. They will share with you their way of life and also get to listen to their songs and watch them dance. After, return to the lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Return to Kampala or Entebbe International Airport
- Return to Kampala or Entebbe: On the last day of your 3 days Bwindi Gorilla trekking tour, you will have a hefty breakfast and then check out of the lodge and then drive out of the park. You will have a lunch stopover among so many others as per your wish during the drive back. You will embark on a drive as you return to Kampala or Entebbe International Airport for your outbound flight.
End of 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- All transportation to, from and within the park
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone
- Souvenirs and Tips