3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking
3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking takes travelers to the diverse and wild Congo park of Kahuzi Biega National Park to see the lowland gorillas that roam around in this park. This 3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking safari has travelers arriving in Kigali, trek gorillas in the Congo, and then leave for Kigali.
Summary of the 3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Pick-up from Kigali and Transfer to Bukavu
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Pick-up from Kigali and Transfer to Bukavu
- Transfer to Bukavu: On this first day of your 3 Days Congo Gorilla trekking safari, you will be picked up from Kigali by our company driver-guide who will brief you about your trip. You will then embark on a transfer to Bukavu through Nyungwe Forest National Park, enjoying the beautiful views of the rolling hills of Rusizi. The total drive time from Kigali to Bukavu is approximately 7 hours. You will have a lunch stopover, preferably in Nyungwe, and then proceed to Bukavu through the Cyangugu border of Rwanda and Congo. Bukavu is only about 45 minutes from Kahuzi Biega National Park. Once in Bukavu, check-in at the lodge, have dinner and then an overnight stay at Orchid Safari Lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park
- Gorilla Trekking in Kahuzi Biega: Today, you will have an early breakfast at the lodge and then drive to the park for a gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park experience. You will drive for about 45 minutes to the park headquarters from where you will have a briefing about the activity in waiting, and the park officials will also share the rules to be followed while on the search of the lowland gorillas. You will then be placed in groups and allocated a gorilla family to trek. After being allocated a gorilla family, you will embark on a thrilling and sight-seeing search of the lowland gorillas in the valleys of Kahuzi Biega National Park. Be on the lookout for other wildlife in the park with butterflies and various bird species. Once you meet the gorillas, observe them and enjoy being just feet away from these great apes. Take pictures and videos as you will, long as you don’t use flash cameras. After the allotted time is elapsed, trek back to the park headquarters. The whole gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega national park can take between 1-6 hours, depending on their location. At the park headquarters, your driver-guide will transfer you back to the lodge from where you can relax. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge as above.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali
- Transfer back to Kigali: On this last day of your 3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking safari, you will enjoy your breakfast at the lodge and then check-out for a transfer back to Kigali. You will use the same route as you came to Bukavu, through Nyungwe Forest National Park via the Cyangugu border. You will have an opportunity to visit not only the King’s Palace in Nyanza but also Butare Museum and then continue to Kigali. The drive time from Bukavu to Kigali is approximately 7 hours. You will have lunch in Kigali and then be transferred to the airport for your outbound flight or to your place of stay in Kigali.
End of 3 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- All transportation to, from and within the park
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone
- Souvenirs and Tips