3 Days Akagera National Park Safari
3 Days Akagera National Park safari is a great wildlife Rwanda safari that takes travelers to experience the ultimate game drives in Akagera National Park, the only savannah park in Rwanda that hosts big mammals and the typical African wildlife like lions, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, rhinos, hippos and so many others. This 3 Days Akagera National Park safari is for travelers who would like to discover and explore Rwanda’s savannah.
Tour Summary of the 3 Days Akagera National Park Safari:
- Day 1: Transfer to Akagera National Park, Evening game drive
- Day 2: Wildlife viewing and Boat safari on Lake Ihema
- Day 3: Game drive and Transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Akagera National Park, Evening Game Drive
- Transfer to Akagera: On this day 1 of your 3 Days Akagera safari, you will be met by our company driver-guide and briefed about your impending safari. You will then transfer to Akagera National Park in a 4WD safari vehicle with a lunch stopover en-route and visit some cultural sites. The drive time is approximately 2.5 hours.
- Evening Game Drive: Once at the park, check-in at the lodge and then proceed for an evening game drive. This evening game drive gives you an opportunity to sight different wildlife as they return from the day’s hunt. After, you will return to the lodge from where you will have dinner and an overnight stay.
- Accommodation: Akagera Game Lodge / Rusizi Safari Camp.
Day 2: Wildlife Viewing and Boat safari on Lake Ihema
- Wildlife Viewing: This second day of your 3 Days Akagera safari has you enjoying an early breakfast at the lodge. You will then proceed to have a wildlife viewing spree to see some of the typical African wildlife like elephants, lions, serried ranges of hippos, giraffes, leopards and so much more. The park also has well over 500 bird species which you can take time to also look out for during your game viewing spree. Return to the lodge for lunch and spend the afternoon relaxing as you find fit.
- Evening boat cruise: In the evening, take an evening boat safari on Lake Ihema. This boat safari is a great way to see more wildlife like crocodiles, hippos and various bird species on the shores of the lake. Return to the lodge, have dinner and an overnight stay as above.
Day 3: Game Drive and Transfer to Kigali
- Game Drive: Your last day of the 3 Days Akagera safari has you enjoying a relaxed breakfast at the lodge. You will then head for a game drive as you leave the park and get to see more animals.
- Transfer to Kigali: Proceed for a transfer to Kigali with a visit to local markets and an en-route lunch. You will be dropped off at the Kigali International Airport or to your hotel/ apartment as earlier communicated.
End of the 3 Days Akagera National Park safari
- Park entrance fees
- All park activities included in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking guide
- All transportation to, from and within the park
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket and visa
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone
- Souvenirs and Tips
See also: 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour