2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour is a short gorilla trekking safari fit for people that have limited time to spare and yet would love to see these gentle giants in their natural habit. The 2 Days Gorilla Tour takes travelers to do gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park of Rwanda, one of the three Virunga Massifs. Travelers will also get to tour the continent’s cleanest city, nature walks and so much more.
Tour Summary for 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour:
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali International Airport, Kigali city tour and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking experience and Departure
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali International Airport, Kigali City tour and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Pick up from Kigali: On this first day of your 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour, our driver-guide will pick you up from Kigali International Airport and then brief you about your 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour. Depending on your timely arrival, you will have a Kigali city tour visiting some very prominent areas that depict Rwanda’s culture, history, and day-to-day life say markets, museums, the Rwanda Genocide Memorial and the like.
- Transfer to Volcanoes: After, you will proceed to transfer to Volcanoes National Park on a scenic road drive of approximately 2 hours. You will drive by meandering hills that have the country being famously known as ‘the land of a thousand hills’. Once at the park, proceed to your lodge, check-in and get to relax at the lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking experience and Departure
- Gorilla Trekking experience: This second and last day of your 2 Days Gorilla Tour has you enjoying a gorilla trekking experience in Volcanoes National Park. You will first enjoy a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge and then head to the park headquarters for a briefing over coffee about what you should expect while on the gorilla trekking adventure. The park officials will also share rules and regulations you should take seriously and adhere to. You will then be placed in groups of 8 and allocated a gorilla group to track, and the allocation is based on the physical fitness levels of the travelers. Thereafter, embark on the search of the mountain gorillas in their natural habitat being led by park rangers. While in the search of the gorillas, be on the lookout to spot other park animals like chimpanzees, forest hogs, forest elephants among so many others. Once you encounter the gorillas, marvel at their gentility and giant nature and watch them feed, play, rest, groom each other, make resting nests and whatever else you will find them doing. Take pictures and videos of the gorillas that you will share with family and friends when you return home. After the allocated time is elapsed, trek back to the starting point with a lunch stopover where you can enjoy your packed lunch in the jungles. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda can take any time between 30 minutes to 4 hours or more depending on the location of the gorillas. Once at the starting point, you will meet your driver-guide ready for the departure of the park to the airport for your outbound flight/apartment/hotel.
End of 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour Safari
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- All transportation to, from and within the park
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air tickets and Visas
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone
- Souvenirs and Tips