Best Time to Visit Amboseli National Park
Best time to visit Amboseli National Park: Amboseli National Park, found in Kenya is one of the most visited Kenya national parks for its immense beauty and large herds of elephants that are seen moving lazily against the backdrop of the Kilimanjaro Mountain. Amboseli National Park experiences both the wet and dry seasons, which ultimately affect the way of life of the wildlife, and also a travellers comfort, travel costs and accessibility to do various game activities. The Amboseli National Park wildlife congregate around very few watering holes during the dry season and then scatter when the wet season sets in for there are many water sources then. Knowing the best time to visit Amboseli National Park is therefore important for any traveler after a memorable Amboseli National Park safari.
Although Amboseli can be visited all throughout the year, the best time to visit Amboseli National Park is during the dry season. The dry season runs through the months of June through September and also January to February. The dry season is also the peak season where most travellers visit Kenya for a Kenya safari tour. The Amboseli National Park is the second most visited and popular Kenya national park after Maasai Mara National Reserve. For the fact that the dry season is also the peak season and that Amboseli National Park is the second most popular Kenya national park, booking a safari here is advised to be made earlier as well as secure one’s accommodation.
Why visit Amboseli National Park during the dry season?
- Locating wildlife in Amboseli National Park during the dry season is easier given then converge in the few pool areas of water available, and also the vegetation cover is not so thick therefore allowing easy spotting of wild game.
- Given that there is less precipitation during the dry season, there are less insect infestations therefore you have not to worry much about insect bites say mosquitoes.
During the dry season however, do not expect to have the wildlife to yourself for the number of tourists received per day is overwhelming. Also, views of the Kilimanjaro Mountain are less clear then, and also the sky is rather hazy with the scenery less pretty to look at. Though little rains are received during the dry season, the park is usually very dry and dusty. Carrying light clothing with sunscreen and sunglasses and a large hat is advised. Warm clothes for the evening should be carried too.
The wet season runs through March to June and October to December. To some travellers, the best time to visit Amboseli National Park is during the wet season for a number of reasons. The rains received during the wet season bring forth renewed life to both the flora and fauna of Amboseli National Park. Some travellers do find the best time to visit Amboseli National Park being the wet season for the reasons below;
- Amboseli National Park is rather very scenic during the wet season, and the landscape views are very rewarding.
- A variety of wildlife is there to be spotted despite being scattered all over the part and not in concentrations.
- The wet season brings about the migratory birds escaping the winter season of the western countries.
- The views of the Kilimanjaro Mountain are particularly very clear in the wet season for the sky is much clearer and without dust.
- Also, the rates for various activities and accommodations in Amboseli National Park are lower during the wet season for it is considered a low season.
Though some travellers can visit Amboseli National Park during the wet season, it should be noted that the roads during these times of the year are rather hard or difficult to access. Planned activities like game drives, nature walks and others can also be affected by the rains that fall often during the wet season.
Amboseli National Park is a beautiful Kenya national park that travellers visit all year round, despite the seasons and weather patterns of the year. While in Amboseli National Park, travellers have a number of activities in the park which they can do say game drives, walking safaris, bird watching among others. Given the photogenic scenery of Amboseli National Park and the magnificent Kilimanjaro Mountain as the park’s backdrop, photographic safaris are particularly amazing here that you just could take a picture fit for postcard material. Get in touch with a reputable tour operator to help you plan one of the most memorable Kenya safaris. Most travellers include visiting Amboseli National Park on their Maasai Mara National Reserve safari from where they get to watch the great wildebeest migration, a natural phenomenon that leaves many stunned.