8 Days Uganda Safari Tour
8 days Uganda safari tour takes travelers to some of Uganda’s most popular tourist destinations that is Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kibale Forest National Park, and Murchison Falls National Park. Travelers will get to see the primates-gorillas and chimpanzees, enjoy game drives, launch cruises, safari walks, among so many others. Travelers on this safari will also have an opportunity to see the big5. This safari starts and ends in Entebbe, but it can be customized and also available for all budget options. This 8 days Uganda safari tour is also fit for all sorts of travelers, that is solo or group travelers. If exploring Uganda’s nature, wildlife and savannah is what you are after, then this safari is for you.
Tour summary of the 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour
- Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe International Airport and transfer to the hotel
- Day 2: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Evening game drive
- Day 3: Morning Launch Cruise on Kazinga Channel, Transfer to Bwindi
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking experience and Batwa cultural experience
- Day 5: Community walk and Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking and Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 7: Morning Game drive and afternoon launch cruise
- Day 8: Departure, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Transfer to Entebbe International Airport
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe International Airport and transfer to the hotel
- Arrival at Entebbe: On this first day of your 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour, our company driver-guide and a representative will receive you upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport. You will be briefed about your trip and then transferred to your hotel of stay. Depending on the time of arrival of your flight, you may have a Kampala city tour visiting a number of historical, cultural and religious sites in Uganda. Back at the hotel, you will relax as you wait for dinner and then an overnight stay at Forest Cottages.
Day 2: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Evening game drive
- Transfer to Queen: Today, you will wake up very early in the morning, have a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel and then head out for a transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park by 8 am. It is approximately 387.9km from Kampala to the park and it can take 6 hours or more to reach. En-route, travelers will have a stopover at the Equator for a water experiment to show the difference in the hemispheres, take pictures and check out the craft shops for souvenirs. You will proceed with the drive and then stop over in Mbarara town for lunch at a selected restaurant.
- Evening game drive: After, you will embark on a nonstop drive to the park arriving late afternoon. Proceed to the lodge as you enjoy game viewing. Once at the lodge, check in, freshen up and then head out for an evening game drive and sight the various wildlife that the park inhabits for example elephants, buffaloes, kobs among so many others.
After, return to the lodge, have dinner and an overnight stay at Engazi Game Lodge.
Day 3: Morning Launch Cruise on Kazinga Channel, Transfer to Bwindi
- Morning Launch Cruise: On this third day of your 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour, you will have your breakfast at the lodge and check out. You will head out for a morning launch cruise on Kazinga channel, a 40m wide water passage that links Lake George to Lake Edward and offers sighting of various water animals like hippos, Nile crocodiles among others and also other animals and birds that come to the shores for a drink or busk say elephants and African buffaloes.
- Transfer to Bwindi: After the launch cruise, proceed to depart the park for a transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will use the Ishasha sector route where you will see tree-climbing lions up on the trees with their tails dangling. You will have lunch en-route and then proceed to Bwindi. Once in the park, head to your place of stay, check in and relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay at Mulehe Safari Lodge.
Day 4: Gorilla trekking experience and Batwa cultural experience
- Gorilla trekking experience: Today, you will have a gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi impenetrable national park, a UNESCO world heritage site with more than half of the total world gorilla population here. The day will start with you waking up early, have your breakfast at the lodge and then head to the sector headquarters from where you will meet other trekkers and park rangers and officials. You will be briefed and given rules and guidelines to follow while on the trek. After, you will be placed in groups of 8 and allocated gorilla groups to track and them embark on the search of the mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. During the search of the gorillas, lookout for other park animals and birds, and the rangers and guides will share all their knowledge of the park. Once you encounter the gorillas, marvel at their near-human nature as they go about their life of feeding, playing and the like. You can take pictures, videos for future references. After the allocated time is elapsed, trek back to the starting point making a stopover for a lunch break. The trek can take between 30 minutes to 6 hours or more depending on the location of the gorillas. Your driver-guide will be ready to take you back to the lodge.
- Batwa cultural experience: At the lodge, refreshen, relax and then head out for a Batwa cultural experience in the evening. You will have an opportunity to learn and re-live some of the Batwa people’s practices say making fire with sticks, cooking local food, hunting, among others. after, return to the lodge, relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay at Mulehe Safari Lodge.
Day 5: Community walk and Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Community walk and Transfer to Kibale: After a leisurely breakfast at the lodge, take a community walk organized by the locals. You will get to interact with them, take part in the activities they are doing like digging, coffee picking, cooking, making local brew(waragi) and so much more. After, you will transfer to Kibale National Park, making a lunch stopover en-route. Once at the park, you will head to your accommodation and check-in and relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay at Chimpanzee Forest Guest House.
Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking and Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Chimpanzee trekking: On this 6th day of your 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour, you will have an early breakfast and thereafter head out to the park headquarters for a briefing before you embark on your chimpanzee trekking adventure. These chimpanzees are very active and noisy that you can hear them when they are still afar. Spend time with the chimpanzees as they chatter around jumping from one tree branch to another. You can also take pictures and videos for keeps. After spending one hour with them, trek back to the starting point with a lunch stopover where you can get to enjoy your packed lunch in the jungle.
- Transfer to Murchison: Once at the starting point, you will be met by your driver-guide who will be ready to transfer you to Murchison Falls National Park. Once at the park, check-in to your accommodation and relax as you wait for dinner to be served and then an overnight stay at Murchison River Lodge.
Day 7: Morning Game drive and afternoon launch cruise
- Morning Game drive: After your breakfast at the lodge early in the morning, enjoy a game drive through the vast savannah of Murchison Falls National Park. You will get to see various animals like the Rothschild giraffes, abundant buffaloes, the majestic African elephants among so many others like the lions and leopards. The birdlife in the park is also very abundant and worth a notice.
- Afternoon launch cruise: After the game drive, go for a lunch break at the lodge and after which proceed for an afternoon launch cruise on the Nile-Lake Albert Delta to the bottom of the falls. You will be able to see the mighty Nile stretching all the way to the far ends. Abundant water animals like the Nile crocodiles, hippos and so many others plus the various bird life. You will also get to hear the mighty thunderous waterfall as it bursts through the 7meter wide gorge. You will get to hike to the top of the falls and view them and take pictures. Your driver-guide will meet you at the top and then transfer back to your lodge from where you will have your dinner and overnight stay.
Day 8: Departure, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Transfer to Entebbe International Airport
- Departure: On this last day of your 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour, you will have your breakfast at the lodge and then depart for a transfer to Entebbe International Airport. You will make a stopover at the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary from where you can get to track the rhinos on foot. After, you will have your lunch at the sanctuary and then continue with the drive to the airport just on time for your outbound flight.
End of 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour
- Gorilla permit
- Chimpanzee permit
- Transportation in a 4WD safari vehicle
- All park activities as detailed in the itinerary
- Park ranger fees
- Accommodation on full board basis
- Services of a full time English speaking guide
- Bottled drinking water while on a safari
- Visa fees
- Personal insurance
- Personal expenses like tips, laundry, telephone, souvenirs, cigarettes and all activities and meals not mentioned in the itinerary.