4 Days Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking & Lake Kivu tour
4 Days Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking & Lake Kivu tour: Take on this leisurely safari on the northwestern side of Rwanda visiting the mountain gorillas of Volcanoes national park and end the safari with a full day at the Lake Kivu relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenery of the region. This 4 day safari package can be booked any day of the week and it starts and ends in Kigali.
Trip highlights of the 4 Days Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking with Lake Kivu visit
- Mountain gorilla trekking
- Boat trip on Lake kivu
- Kigali city tour
Day 1: Leave Kigali for a city tour and Volcanoes national park
- Kigali city tour: In the early morning hours, you will connect with your driver guide who will be at the pickup place as discussed. Right after you exchange pleasantries, you will drive out to start your Kigali city tour visiting the Kigali Genocide memorial grounds for a brief history of the 1994 Genocide that claimed many Rwandan lives and after take some time at the Kimironko market.
- 3 hour drive to Ruhengeri: Connect for lunch and after drive to the home of the mountain gorillas – Ruhengeri which will be your home for the night. Check in and settle in as you wait for dinner to be served
Accommodation options in Volcanoes national park
- Hotel Muhabura for budget option
- Le Bambou gorilla lodge for midrange option
- 5 Volcanoes boutique hotel for the luxury option
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Mountain gorilla trekking: As soon as the sun starts to come out, be ready to set out to the park for the morning brief before the mountain gorilla trekking. Grab your hot cup of coffee and packed lunches and enter the car to be driven to the park headquarters where the gorilla treks start from. Listen to the 30 minute brief on the expectations and expected code of conduct while in the forest and set out to look for the mountain gorillas. Trek for about 2 to 6 hours all depending on how far into the forest the gorillas are that day. When you meet the gorillas, spend your magical one hour with them as they go about their daily routine. Drive back to your hotel to relax as the sun cools a bit.
- Cultural tour in volcanoes national park: In the evening, drive to the Iby’iwachu cultural center for a cultural visit on the lifestyle of the Rwandan people and take part in some of the dances and cooking skills. Return to your hotel before it gets dark for dinner and a second night in Volcanoes National Park.
Day 3: Road transfer to Lake Kivu
- 1 to 2-hour transfer: Wake up in the misty Volcanoes national park to pack your bags and have the last meal at your hotel shortly before you check out of the hotel. Your driver-guide will be waiting for when you are ready to get to your next destination. Drive towards the Lake Kivu that is shared by both Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. You will arrive in the mid-morning hours and take on a boat trip on the lake.
- Lake Kivu Experience: You will have lunch at the shores and spend the evening either swimming or sunbathing at the lake shores. Before it gets late, you with your driver-guide will drive to connect to your booked accommodation in Lake Kivu where you will have dinner and spend the rest of the night.
Accommodation options in Lake Kivu
- Paradise Malahide for budget
- Le Palme Beach resort for midrange
- Lake Kivu Serena hotel for luxury
Day 4: Connect back to Kigali Rwanda
- 5-hour road transfer: Wake up to a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel shortly before you leave your Lake kivu hotel. Pack your bags and check out of your hotel and meet your driver-guide who will be waiting to transfer you back to Kigali. You will stopover for an enroute lunch and if you were not able to do the city tour on the first day, you may take it on now before you are dropped off at your agreed drop off location.
End of the 4 Days Volcanoes Gorilla Trekking with Lake Kivu visit
Safari quote includes
- 4×4 WD safari vehicle
- Activity fees
- Hotel fees
- Meals on the trip
- Full time English/ French speaking safari guide
- Bottled water on the trip
Safari quote excludes
- International air fees
- Optional/additional activities
- Visa fees
- Personal needs like tips, airtime, laundry etc.