4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tour
4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee tour takes travelers to the primate parks of Rwanda to see the endangered mountain gorillas and chimpanzees. This 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee tour takes travelers to Volcanoes National Park for gorilla trekking and to Nyungwe Forest National Park for chimpanzee trekking, pus a canopy walk experience that has travelers having a bird’s eye view of the forest. This safari is fit for travelers who would like to see both primates, in their natural habitat. Rwanda Safari Tour.
Tour Summary of 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tour
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali International Airport and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking experience in Volcanoes National Park
- Day 3: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park, Canopy walk experience
- Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking experience and Departure
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali International Airport and Transfer to Ruhengeri
- Transfer to Ruhengeri: This first day of your 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee tour has you arriving in Kigali International Airport where our company driver-guide will receive you from and then brief you about the safari ahead. Depending on your time of arrival, you may have a Kigali city tour where you will see get to see some of Rwanda’s historical and cultural sites say the Rwanda Genocide memorial. After, you will transfer to Ruhengeri town, from where you will have your dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking experience in Volcanoes National Park
- Gorilla trekking experience: The second day of the 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tour has you waking up early and have breakfast at your hotel of stay. You will head to the park headquarters for briefing about the looming gorilla trekking experience in Volcanoes National Park, done by park officials. You will also be stated to the rules and guidelines you are to follow while on the gorilla trekking safari. The briefing is done over coffee provided by the park. You will be allocated gorilla groups to track, and then embark on the search of the gorillas in the wild along with experienced rangers and guides who will share with you all their knowledge of the park and answer all questions you might have.
- Sight other park animals while on the trek say bush pigs and lots of birds. Once you encounter the gorillas, marvel at the their near-human nature and watch them as they go about their daily life. Take pictures and videos for your later reference. After the allocated one hour, trek back to the starting point with a lunch stopover where you get to enjoy your packed lunch in the wild. The gorilla trek can take anything between 30 minutes to 4 hours or more depending on the location of the gorillas. Once at the starting point, you will meet your driver-guide waiting to transfer you back to your hotel of stay from where you will have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Transfer to Nyungwe National Park, Canopy walk experience
- Transfer to Nyungwe National Park: Today, you will have your breakfast very early in the morning and head out for a transfer to Nyungwe National Park. The drive can take about 5 hours. On your drive to the park, you will have a lunch stopover at a selected restaurant en-route. The drive is rewarding as you get to see a number of beautiful places and various birds along the way. Once at the park, you will head to Uwinka View point from where you will start your canopy walk experience in Nyungwe National Park. The canopy walk gives travelers an opportunity to have a bird’s eye view of the forest. After, you will proceed to your lodge of stay for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking and Departure
- Chimpanzee tracking and Departure: This last day of your 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tour has you waking up early, enjoy your breakfast at the lodge and then had out to the starting point of your chimpanzee tracking adventure. You will have a briefing by the park officials before getting into the search of the chimps. You will hear the chimpanzees even before you see them for they are very loud creatures who chatter and laugh a lot as they jump from ne tree branch to another. Once you meet them, take pictures and videos and get to observe them amidst their very active and playful nature. Chimpanzee tracking can take about 3 hours in total. After the allocated time, trek back to the starting point and be met by your driver-guide and then proceed for departure to Kigali with an en-route lunch at a selected restaurant, and then proceed for a non-stop drive to Kigali International Airport from where you will catch your outbound flight.
End of the 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tour.
- Gorilla permit
- Chimpanzee permit
- Park entrance fees
- All park activities included in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking guide
- All transportation to, from and within the park
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket and visa
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone
- Souvenirs and Tips