3 Days Tarangire and Manyara safari
3 Days Tarangire and Manyara safari is a safari to different destinations in the northern part of Tanzania starting and ending in Arusha after wildlife viewing experiences in Tarangire national park and Lake Manyara national park and to see different attractions and to engage in various activities such as game drives and a cultural experience in Mto wa Mbu as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari Highlights of 3 Days Tarangire and Manyara safari
- Day 1; pick up and drive to Tarangire national park
- Day 2; drive to Lake Manyara national park
- Day 3; drive to Arusha
Day 1; pick up and drive to Tarangire national park
You will start your 3 days safari with pick up from the airport by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your safari. After your briefing, you will continue your drive to Tarangire national park which begins your wildlife viewing experiences on your itinerary. After checking in at your lodge in the national park, you will prepare to have your lunch before heading out into the wilderness of the national park.
During your game drive, you will see different wildlife species grazing and roaming in the national park such as tree climbing lions, giraffes, antelopes, giraffes, lions, leopards, buffalos, wildebeests, elands, elephants, cheetahs, impalas and a variety of bird species can also be seen especially around the Tarangire national park. As you enjoy the sunset and scenery around you, your guide will dive you back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2; Drive to Lake Manyara national park
- Drive to Lake Manyara: Breakfast will be served at your lodge in Tarangire national park before checking out of the lodge and continuing your journey to the second wildlife viewing destination in your itinerary which is Lake Manyara national park. About two thirds of the national park is covered by Lake Manyara which is a significant attraction in the national park which attracts a variety of wildlife species as well as different bird species. You will be driven by your guide to your lodge where you will have your lunch as you prepare to have lunch.
- After lunch, you will have a game drive to search for wildlife species in this national park such as elephants, gazelles, buffalos, hippos, antelopes, waterbucks, hartebeests, warthogs, hyenas, giraffes, elands, impalas among others. You will also see various bird species during your game drive in Lake Manyara national park. You will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight after your game drive at the end of the 2nd day of your safari.
Day 3; Drive to Arusha
- Drive to Arusha: On the last day of your 3 days safari, you will start with breakfast at your lodge before checking out of your lodge and continuing your journey to Arusha. You will have a stop in Mto wa Mbu town for a cultural experience with the Maasai people. During your interaction with the Maasai people, you will engage in a variety of activities such as engaging in a traditional dance performance, seeing local arts and crafts, visiting the traditional homesteads known as “manyattas”, visiting the kraals filled with livestock such as goats, cows and sheep that the Maasai people depend on for a living.
- After your cultural experience with the Maasai people, you will continue your journey to Arusha where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your 3 days safari.
End of 3 Days Tarangire and Manyara safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before/after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities