2 Days Lake Mburo Safari
2 Days Lake Mburo Safari takes travelers to Lake Mburo National Park, one of Uganda’s smallest national parks. The park is approximately 4 hours only from Kampala, and it inhabits over 68 mammal species like bush pigs, leopards, numerous zebras among so many others. the birdlife of lake Mburo national park is also very abundant. With five lakes in the park, you can engage in a number of activities in any of them say fishing, launch cruises among others. The vast savannah grasslands of the park give travelers an opportunity to enjoy game drives. This 2 Days Lake Mburo safari has travelers enjoying game drives in Lake Mburo national park, a launch cruise and other activities. This 2 Days Lake Mburo safari is fit for travelers who have limited time to spare and yet would love to explore Uganda’s wild in a game drive.
Tour Summary of the 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari:
- Day 1: Depart for Lake Mburo National Park, Boat trip on Lake Mburo
- Day 2: Morning Game drive, Departure
Day 1: Depart for Lake Mburo National Park, Boat trip on Lake Mburo
- Depart for Lake Mburo: This day 1 of your 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari has you having a morning breakfast at your hotel/apartment/home, and then being picked up our company driver-guide. He will brief you about your 2 Days Lake Mburo safari, and thereafter depart for Lake Mburo National Park on a road drive that would take about 4 hours. You will make several stopovers say at Mpambire drum makers’ village where you will have an opportunity to see how drums and other local instruments are made. Another stop could be at the Equator in Kayabwe where you will have a water experiment performed to show the different hemisphere movements of the world, and also get to take pictures at the equator line. Once at the park, enjoy sights of park animals like elands, zebras, buffaloes and many others as you drive to where you will have your lunch.
- Boat trip: After lunch, proceed for a boat trip on the amazing Lake Mburo and get see serried ranges of hippos, crocodiles and other water animals as they busk in the fresh waters of the lake. You will also see various birds and animals like topis as they come for a drink on the water. After the boat trip, which takes about 2 hours, enjoy another game drive as you return to the lodge. Relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay. Accommodation options are: Mihingo Lodge, Rwakobo Rock, Eagles Nest.
Day 2: Morning Game drive, Departure
- Morning Game drive: On this second and last day of the 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari, you will wake up early and enjoy a breakfast at the lodge before you embark on an early morning game drive through some really amazing trails in the park. You will see many park animals as they come out of their night-places and head out for a hunt. Animals like the antelopes, buffaloes, numerous zebras are a must see, and if lucky, you may also see lions and leopards.
- Departure: After the game drive, return to the lodge, check out and set out for a departure of the park as you enjoy sighting other animals on the drive. You will make a lunch stopover en-route as you proceed to Kampala and be dropped off at an agreed location.
End of the 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari
- Park entrance fees
- All park activities included in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- En-route lunches
- Services of an English speaking guide
- All transportation to, from and within the park
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket and visa
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigars
- Souvenirs and Tips