1 Day Source of the Nile Tour
1 Day source of the Nile tour is a great adventurous short Uganda safari tour that has travelers visiting the starting point of the world’s second-longest river, the Nile, that runs through eleven countries that include Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Sudan, Republic of Sudan, Egypt and Uganda- where the source of the Nile is believed to be. This 1day source of the Nile tour takes travelers to see not only the source of River Nile, but also visit Sezibwa falls and Mabira rainforest. This 1 day source of the Nile tour requires travelers starting the journey early.
Highlights of the 1 Day Source of the Nile
- Hike to the top of Sezibwa falls
- Nature walk or zip lining in Mabira forest
- Boat cruise on River Nile
- Source of the Nile visit
- Start of the tour: This 1 day source of the Nile tour has travelers waking up early and having breakfast at their place of stay in Kampala, from where our company driver-guide will pick you up. He will de-brief you of your adventure awaiting and then start on your drive to Jinja, a bustling town with great architectural designs that date back to the colonial times.
- Sezibwa falls: From Kampala, the first stop on this your adventurous 1 day source of the Nile is at Sezibwa falls found in Mukono, about 43km only away. Travelers get to hike to the top of the falls, an activity that takes 1 hour only, and have a cultural tour by an experienced and greatly informed local guide who will take you through a Buganda cultural heritage site talk.
- Mabira forest experience: After having an experience at Sezibwa falls, travelers proceed with their road drive to Jinja but making another stop at Mabira forest from where you will take part in a nature walk that will have you exploring the forest and enjoy a birding experience since many (about 300) bird species can be found in this rainforest. Alternatively, you can opt for a zip lining experience, a thrilling activity that will leave your adrenaline racing. After the Mabira forest experience, travelers proceed to Jinja on a road drive that has great sights say vast tea plantation, sugarcane plantations, locals and very many fruits and street food points that travelers can opt to have a taste of.
- Jinja source of the Nile experience: Once in Jinja, travelers have a lunch stop at a selected restaurant, before they proceed to see the source of the Nile. After lunch, travelers embark on a boat cruise on River Nile in the bid to see its source. Once at the source of River Nile, travelers can take pictures while at it, and also shop different souvenirs at the craft shop located on the waters just near the source of River Nile. This boat cruise can take about 1 hour, and while at it, you can sight some water animals and fishermen trying to get a catch.
- Return to Kampala: After the boat trip, embark on a road drive back to Kampala to passing by locals busy on their day-to-day businesses. You will be dropped off at an agreed location, usually the pick-up point.
End of the 1 Day Source of the Nile Tour
- Entrance fees
- All activities included in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking guide
- All transportation to, from and within the site
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket and visa
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigars
- Souvenirs and Tips