3 Days Nyungwe Chimpanzee Trekking & Canopy walk Safari
3 Days Nyungwe chimpanzee trekking & Canopy walk safari gives you an intimate experience of trekking chimpanzees in the beautiful Nyungwe Forest National Park, as well as an amazing canopy walk that will leave you amazed. Nyungwe Forest National Park is located in the south-western Rwanda and rewards travellers with great scenic views and tea plantations that are en-route to the park. Nyungwe Forest National Park inhabits chimpanzees and a range of other primate species including very large troops of colobus monkeys, 300 species of birds with many Albertine Rift endemics, butterflies and 200 tree species. This 3 Days Nyungwe chimpanzee trekking & canopy walk safari is best suited for primate lovers.
Tour Summary of 3 Days Nyungwe Chimpanzee Trekking & Canopy walk Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park, Ethnographic Museum en-route
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe, Canopy walk experience
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park, Ethnographic Museum en-route
- Transfer to Nyungwe Forest: On this first day of your 3 Days Nyungwe Chimpanzee Trekking & Canopy walk safari, you will be picked up by our company driver-guide. After a short briefing of your impending safari, you will proceed to transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park. the drive is very rewarding with winding roads that have you enjoying wonderful views of the rolling hills and vast tea plantations. You will have a stopover at the Ethnographic museum in Huye. This ethnographic museum is the national museum of Rwanda where history and culture are showcased. With a knowledgeable guide, you will get to learn of Rwanda’s rich history and culture. After touring the museum, you will have lunch and then proceed to Nyungwe Forest National Park. Once in the park, proceed to check in at your lodge of stay. Relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay.
- Journey Time – 5 hours
- Meal Plan – Lunch & Dinner
- Accommodation: Nyungwe forest Lodge-Luxury, Gisakura guesthouse- Budget
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe, Canopy walk experience
- Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe: Today, you will wake up to a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge. You will then proceed for a transfer to the starting point of your chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe experience. You will first be briefed about the chimpanzee trek a head after which you will proceed to search for the chimpanzees in their natural habitat. Chimpanzee trekking can take anything between 1-4 hours depending on the location of the chimpanzees and the terrain. Once you encounter the chimps, enjoy your time with them as you learn of their different mannerisms and behaviours.
- Canopy walk experience: After enjoying your chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe experience, have lunch and thereafter proceed for a canopy walk experience in Nyungwe Forest. This canopy walk in Nyungwe gives you a bird’s eye view of the enchanted forest. You will get to sight loads of birds, primates like colobus monkeys, red-tailed monkeys, velvet monkeys, among so many others.
- After, you will return to the lodge where you will get to relax as you await dinner and an overnight stay.
- Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Accommodation: As above
Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali
- Transfer back to Kigali: On this last day of your 3 Days Nyungwe Chimpanzee Trekking & Canopy walk safari, you will wake up to a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge after which you will proceed to check out and head out for a transfer back to Kigali. Lunch will be enjoyed en-route. Depending on your flight schedule, you can choose to have a Kigali city tour to learn the way of life, culture and history of the people of Rwanda. Rwanda’s capital city is considered the cleanliest city in Africa.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
End of 3 Days Nyungwe Chimpanzee & Canopy walk tour
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Park entry fees and activities included in the itinerary
- Transportation during the safari in a comfortable tour vehicle
- En-route lunches
- Full board accommodation
- Services of a professional English speaking guide
- Bottled drinking water
- Air tickets and Visas
- Personal expenses like telephone, laundry, beverages, etc.
- Extra activities not listed in the itinerary
- Tips and souvenirs