Congo Gorilla Trekking Safaris This Festive Season: With the festive season here already, gorilla trekking safaris in Congo are now widely available for tourists visiting Virunga national park and Kahuzi Biega national park.
Congo Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Virunga National Park This Festive Season.
Virunga national park in Congo is one of the four places in the world that shelter the endangered mountain gorillas, the other places being Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda and lastly Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda. The park is home to eight habituated gorilla families for Congo gorilla safaris and tours: Kabirizi, Humba, Mapuwa, Lulengo, Rugendo, Nyakamwe, Munyaga, and Bageni.
Congo gorilla trekking safaris to Virunga National Park this festive season will provide you with one-of-a-kind and outstanding experiences. The rise in gorilla trekking permit fees in Rwanda and Uganda have raised demand for gorilla trekking safaris in Congo among price-conscious tourists.
A gorilla permit in Virunga National Park in Congo costs $400, whereas gorilla permits in Rwanda cost $1500 and $700 in Uganda. As a result, our Congo gorilla safaris packages to Virunga National Park are designed to provide our customers with a less expensive but still unique opportunity to go gorilla trekking in Congo’s famous Virunga National Park.
Congo Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Kahuzi Biega National Park This Festive Season.
Kahuzi Biega national park is one of the only two places in the Democratic Republic of Congo where you can track the eastern lowland gorilla species in their natural habitat, the other being Maiko national park.
Eastern lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Beiga national park are safer and recommended to visitors more than lowland gorilla trekking in Maiko national park. A gorilla trekking permit in Kahuzi Biega national park cost $400 during the peak season and $200 during the low season.
Lowland gorilla trekking safaris in Kahuzi Biega national park can be combined with other activities such as bird watching, visit Lwiro chimpanzee sanctuary, community cultural tours, and guided nature walks among others.
This festive season, gorilla trekking safaris in Virunga national park in the Democratic Republic of Congo can be combined with other activities in the national park like; community cultural tours to local villages neighbouring the park, visit Senkwekwe gorilla orphanage, bird watching and climbing Mount Nyiragongo.
Best Time for Congo Gorilla Trekking Safaris.
Any person who wants to undertake gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park or eastern lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park can do so at any time of year, however the park has two seasons: dry and wet.
During the wet season, several pathways are difficult to trek in the months of May/April, November/October, and November/October, and gorilla permits can be purchased at a discount ranging from USD400 to USD 200 per person.
The most notable season is the dry season, which lasts from June to September and from December to February. Uganda is another place for gorilla trekking, and the gorilla permit in Uganda costs USD700. Gorilla hiking licenses in Rwanda cost USD 1,500 for both high and low season.
How to book your Congo gorilla trekking safari this festive season.
- Pre-purchase your Congo gorilla trekking permits, which cost USD400 and are less expensive than those in Rwanda and Uganda.
- You must have a yellow fever vaccine or you may be denied entry into the country. Injections for hepatitis A, typhoid, meningitis, and rabies, not to mention anti-malarial medications.
- You should have applied for a visa to enter the Democratic Republic of the Congo in advance. It cost $100 USD.
Essential Items to carry with you during your Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari.
You must bring appropriate equipment such as mountaineering garments, rain gear, cotton wear socks, a water proof camera, and a day pack, among other things.
Rules and Regulations to follow this festive season during your Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari.
Whether you are doing gorilla trekking in Virunga national park or eastern lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park, the rules and regulations to be followed are all the same. These include;
- A gorilla group can only be trekked by eight persons.
- You have an hour to spend with the mountain gorillas.
- Sick persons are not permitted to hike mountain gorillas because gorillas are susceptible to various human diseases owing to their close proximity to humans.
- There are age limitations; only those aged 15 and over are permitted to trek.
- Gorilla trekking takes place between 8 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. in the morning.
- If you wish to cough or sneeze when among gorillas, turn your face away or cover your nose and mouth; this will assist to limit bacteria transfer to the mountain gorillas.
- Don’t spend too much time with the gorillas.
- Keep a gap of 6 to 8 meters between you and the primates since they are wild creatures that may easily be infected with human illnesses.
- Do not make too much noise when trekking; always keep your level of noise to a minimum.
- Flash photography is not permitted in any of the gorilla parks.
- Always be prepared, bring water-resistant and warm clothing for the chilly weather in the mountains, be prepared to get wet in the forest, and wear comfortable hiking shoes for your exciting excursion.
- Trackers, if you want a lengthy hall, ask a ranger to dig a 30 meter hole for you and make sure it’s well covered.
- Avoid direct eye contact with mountain gorillas and remain calm until the gorilla goes away.
- Maintain the park’s cleanliness and discourage pollution within the forest.
- Mountain gorillas are wild creatures that should not be touched; always keep your hands on you to prevent direct contact.
- Wash your hands before going gorilla trekking.
- During gorilla trekking, smoking, eating, and drinking are not permitted.
Contact email@example.com for gorilla safari packages to the Democratic Republic of Congo.