3 Days Queen Elizabeth Safari
3 Days Queen Elizabeth safari takes travelers to Uganda’s most celebrated game nature park that hosts over 100 species of mammals and more than 606 species of birds. Some of the wildlife found in Queen Elizabeth National Park include large schools of hippos, forest hogs, the beautiful Uganda kobs, lions, and so many more. A game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park gives travelers a great opportunity to explore the park and sighting various wildlife, birdlife, and flora. A launch cruise on the Kazinga channel is another breathtaking activity that travelers shouldn’t miss out on. This 3 Days Queen Elizabeth safari is a great way for travelers to explore the park’s beauty and diversity on a Uganda Safaris Tour
Tour Summary of the 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Safari:
- Day 1: Kampala and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 2: Game drive and Launch cruise on Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 3: Primate walk and transfer back to Kampala
Day 1: Kampala and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: On this first day of your 3 Days Queen Elizabeth safari tour, you will have breakfast at your place of stay say hotel/apartment/home in Kampala from where our company driver-guide will meet you and brief you about your tour. After the brief, you will embark on a road drive for a transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. The total drive distance is 420km, taking approximately 5-6 hours of the day. En-route, you will have stopovers to take some really nice pictures and sight some beautiful places.
- Equator Experience: At the Equator on Kayabwe, you will have an opportunity to have a water experiment where the water at the equator swirls differently according to the hemisphere. You also have an opportunity to take pictures while on the equator line, buy souvenirs from the nearby shops and also have a cup of coffee if you want one. After, you will proceed with your drive making another stopover for lunch in a selected restaurant in Mbarara town. You will proceed for a drive to the park as you marvel at the breathtaking scenery including tea plantations, open grasslands, woodlands, the Rift Valley Escarpment and so much more.
- Once in the park, enjoy a late afternoon/evening game drive as you drive to your lodge. At the lodge, check-in and relax as you wait for dinner. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge- Engazi Game Lodge/ Mweya Safari Lodge.
Day 2: Game drive and Launch cruise in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Game drive: Your second day of the 3 Days Queen Elizabeth safari has you waking up early to a hot cup of coffee or tea. After, you will embark on a morning game drive along some of the best game trails in Queen Elizabeth National Park from where you will sight various wildlife including elephants, lions, buffaloes, the Uganda kobs, water bucks among so many others, with various bird species roaming the vast savannah. Return to the lodge for breakfast mid-morning, and get to relax at the lodge as you wait for your lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, head out to the Kazinga channel for a launch cruise in Queen Elizabeth National Park. This launch cruise is another opportunity for you to see serried ranges of hippos as they busk in the water, elephants and other animals and an array of birds at the shores as they come for an afternoon drink. The Kazinga channel is well renowned for the high concentration of crocodiles, hippos and so many other water animals. The launch cruise takes about two hours. After, you will return to the lodge from where you can spend the rest of the evening relaxing. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge as above.
Day 3: Primate walk and transfer back to Kampala
- Primate walk and transfer back to Kampala: On this last day of your 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Safari tour, you will have a hefty breakfast at the lodge before you head out for a primate walk in Kyambura gorge, an activity that takes about 2-3 hours. You will marvel at this beautiful hidden valley and get to see the chimpanzees that have it as a home. After, embark on a transfer back to Kampala with a lunch stopover at a selected restaurant.
End of 3 Days Queen Elizabeth safari
- Park entrance fees
- All park activities included in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- En-route lunches
- Services of an English speaking guide
- All transportation to, from and within the park
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket and visa
- Porter fees
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigars
- Souvenirs and Tips